Free tubes might have spell the end for the porn industry, instead it only made it grow even bigger.
Freebies -> Profits.
Current Industry Trend
- The global pornography industry is worth $97 billion.
- The United States’ pornography industry is worth $13 billion.
- Internet pornography in the United States is a $3 billion industry.
- Every second $3075.64 is spent on pornography.
- Every second 28,258 internet users are viewing porn.
- United States is the largest producer and exporter of hardcore pornographic DVDs and web material, closely followed by Germany.
- Every 39 minutes a new porn video is made in the United States (2006).
- 30% of the internet is dedicated to pornography.
- More people visit porn sites than Netflix, Amazon and Twitter combined.
Content in Porn
Academics analysed 304 pornographic scenes and this is what they found out:
- 3375 verbal and/or physical aggressions are observed.
- On average each scene contains 11.53 acts of either verbal or physical aggression.
- 88.2% contained physical aggression – principally spanking, gagging, and slapping.
- 48.7% contained verbal aggression – primarily name calling.
- 72% of aggressive acts are perpetrated by men.
- 94% of aggressive acts are committed against women.
Consumption of Porn by Children, Adolescents and Adults
- American children begin watching hard porn at an average age of 11.
- 33% of youth view pornography intentionally.
- 70% of youth have accidentally come across online porn.
- 79% of unwanted exposure to pornography takes place at home; 9% at school; 7% other/unknown; 5% at a friend’s house.
- Kids experience unwanted exposure to explicit content via: (40%) a link came up as a result of an innocent word search; (17%) clicking on a link in another site; (14%) a pop-up; (13%) other; (12%) misspelled web address; (4%) didn’t know; (10%) pictures involving animals or other strange things.
- Type of accidental porn material youth encounter: naked people (86%); people having sex (37%); violent pictures (13%).
- 87% of young men and 31% of young women are using pornography.
Sexual Behaviors Influenced by Porn
- Youth that consume violent porn are 600% more likely to force someone to do something sexual online or in-person.
- Middle-school aged boys that watch porn are 300% more likely to have oral sex and sexual intercourse.
- A study in south eastern U.S found that 53% of boys and 28% of girls (12-25) use sexually explicit media and internet is the main portal.
- 67% of young men and 49% of young women agree that porn consumption is acceptable.
The information above is gathered by Internet Safety 101. Visit their website for more information on how to protect your kids and family from explicit contents.